At the beginning of the summer, it looked like we weren’t going to have a lot of concerts (local or national) here in Portland. Most of my musician friends were on the road. But then the shows started appearing quickly for the month of August. Here is a quick run down on each show coming up this month.
- Groove Theory Mix Show is a fundraiser for Austism Speaks which will showcase a host of musicians and local artists performing a variety of classic and new music for the crowd. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Mike Phillips needs no introduction but whenever he is in town, be sure not to miss him. His shows are soulful, enegergetic and fun. Tickets to his show can be purchased here.
- D’Angelo & The Vanguard. Technically this show is sold out but in the last few days there has been tickets that became available. But D’Angelo returns to the Rose City after a 15 year absence to promote his latest cd “Black Messiah” at the Crystal Ballroom. This is the hottest ticket in town.
- Liv Warfield-fresh off her “Never Giving Up” European Tour, Liv will grace the stage at the Doug Fir for an exciting show.
- Janelle Monae-This is a free show but you have to sign up at http://tour.wondaland.com and if you are chosen to attend the show, you will find out time and location.
- BeSpeak Love Album Release show: This concert is a showcase of all the talented musicians and singers who collaborated for the project. The show will feature Ronnie Wright, Jarrod Lawson, Saeeda Wright, Tamara Stephens and many more. Tickets to this event can be purchased here. And you can download the BeSpeak Love cd on Itunes and other digital outlets.
- Anita Baker Tribute Night with Saeeda Wright, Tamara Stephens and Jau’Neva. If you love Anita Baker, then this is the show to check out. Tickets to this event can be purchased here.
As you can see there are many live music events to attend during the month of August and early September here in Portland. I am going to be a fan and sit back and enjoy each show. 🙂