We’ve had a very good summer for music so far with the success of the Waterfront Blues Festival and the Cathedral Park Jazzfest. The great weather has also helped. August is here and there are some great local and national acts that will be gracing the stages of many well known venues throughout the city of Portland.
- August 5th: The Jarrod Lawson Trio featuring Chance Hayden on guitar and Tyrone Hendrix on drums will be at Jimmy Maks. Show starts at 8pm with a $6 cover charge.
- August 9th: Saxaphonist Mike Phillips will blaze the stage at Jimmy Mak’s starting at 8pm. Tickets can be purchased here for general admission and reserved seating.
- August 13th: Big Sam’s Funky Nation will be jamming at Mississippi Studios. He will be accompanied by The Rose City Horns. Tickets for his show can be purchased here.
- August 15th: Farnell Newton “Funk & Soul” along with DJ O.G. One on the 1’s and 2’s will be at Jimmy Mak’s. Guaranteed to be a good time. You can purchase your tickets here
- August 16th: All the way from New Orleans, Troy “Trombone Shorty” will make his third consecutive appearance at the Oregon Zoo Amphitheater. You will be blessed with a mixture of Funk, Soul, Rock, Gospel and the Blues. Get your tickets here and have a good time.
- August 22nd: The Blind Boys of Alabama will headline the Vancouver Wine and Jazz Fest at Esther Short Park.
- August 30th: Tamara Stephens Presents: For Your Soul featuring Saeeda Wright, Ronnie and Kimberly Monique at Jimmy Mak’s. Cover is $10.
I will be at all of these events and I hope to see old and new faces there too! Support good music!